nwafflyer
Topic Author

Delta Transatlantic 767 Flights In Business Class

Tue May 10, 2011 3:36 pm

What should I expect in a Business Class flight on Delta with a 767 - I enjoy the A330's with their almost reclined seats - do I need an armload of tylenol for a business class 767 flight?

Are the business class meals and drinks on the 767 the same as the A330? Just my own opinion, but the quality on the A330 has gone down since NW and Delta merged, does anyone else feel the same?

PI4EVER

RE: Delta Transatlantic 767 Flights In Business Cl

Wed May 11, 2011 12:59 am

If you are flying on a 764 (only likely to LHR) you will have access to the lie-flat bed; however, the 763ER fleet is recliner seating only at this point.....new seats coming with re-do of this fleet starting later this year. BE seats are comfortable and likely comparable to the NW shell seats. Pillows, duvet and entertainment options are very good.
Food in BE is standard for most flights and menu's are outlined on the DL website. Entree choices include a signature dish from chef Michele Bernstein. Again, I personally have no complaints about DL food and service and can't give a comparison to previous NW service. I do like the recent addition of an alternate dessert in lieu of the sundae.
I find DL crews personable, attentive and professional in all my trips and I am a Platinum so I have a fair amount of flying to judge. I vote with my wallet and DL gets the business (my Company does not care who I fly) for my business and personal flying for treating me consistently well.......and I don't fly the same segments every week so no one knows me or recognizes me for any "special" touches.
If you book, I hope you enjoy your ride on DL,
Thomas
watch what you want. you may get it.

nwafflyer
Topic Author

Wed May 11, 2011 4:59 pm

What will I find AMS/DTW - it is supposedly a 'cradle seat' on the 767 - should I just plan on curling up on the floor (did that so many times on the DC10's) or will I be more or less comfortable in the seat?

PI4EVER

Wed May 11, 2011 6:57 pm

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Delta...Lines/Boeing-767-332-ER/1850151/M/
Additional cabin shots on this database - use the photo search engine tool.
Seat does not have full flat recline but is comfortable. The crew will require you to sit in the seat throughout the flight as there are no tie-downs on the floor.......and "Delta requires you keep your seat belt fastened at all times while seated in the event we experience unexpected rough air."
Trust me. The seat, service and ride in DL Business Elite on a 763ER is more comfortable than the floor of a D10........
watch what you want. you may get it.

MSPNWA

Wed May 11, 2011 7:18 pm

You'll probably the find the seat to be similar to the old DC-10 seats. I've only flown up front on the DL 763ER on a shorter domestic sector, and the seat is what it is - a recliner seat.

toobz

Sat May 14, 2011 8:16 pm

you're gonna have a good ride. It's not EK first but your not paying anywhere near that  
The seats are just fine and comfortable. DL J service is very good. Have a nice flight