my1le
Topic Author

Oshkosh Camping Help Please!

Wed May 18, 2011 12:02 am

Okay, so the plane is all set and equipment is ready. We are planning on a week of camping in the North 40 section that will allow us to camp with the plane. Going with the rules, we are not allowed to have a generator - any suggestions on how to charge our: Phones, Cameras, batteries, laptops, etc.? How to power our pump to inflate the air mattress?

Thank you,

James

Transpac787

RE: Oshkosh Camping Help Please!

Wed May 18, 2011 4:46 am

I haven't been to Oshkosh in a few years but I'm hoping to finally go back this year.

Anyhow, I seem to recall many recharge stations at various points around the field, for exactly the purpose of recharging phones, laptops, cameras, etc. Also a few internet cafe's here and there to get your wifi fix(es) during the week haha.

As for the air mattress... it's not much of a suggestion but you may just want to get a manual pump. Will sure be easier and faster than trying to find an outlet where you can inflate them and then transporting the now-inflated mattress back to your campsite.

Have a good time!!

my1le
Topic Author

RE: Oshkosh Camping Help Please!

Wed May 18, 2011 8:07 pm

Roger that... the manual pump sounds like a good (best) idea! ... I will go over to the Outdoor store and try and find as much solar powered chargers as I can to keep as much in house as possible haha

Congrats on making the trip this summer  

James