8herveg
Topic Author

Is 1hr15 Mins Enough Time To Transit At NBO?

Fri May 27, 2011 1:15 pm

On Thursday 20th October 2011, I am booked to fly on BA's NBO-LHR, which leaves NBO at 23:15.

On that day, I will actually be coming from MBA - there is a Fly540 flight which lands at NBO at 4:30pm and a later one at 10pm. I don't particuarly want to get the earlier one and hang around NBO for 6-7 hours. If I got the one which lands at 10pm, would this allow me enough time to transit?

yeogeo

RE: Is 1hr15 Mins Enough Time To Transit At NBO?

Sat May 28, 2011 12:41 pm

According to the OAG, the minimum connecting time in NBO is 1 hour for a domestic to international connection, so you should be O.K. if everything is running smoothly.

Good luck!
yeo
One great use of words is to hide our thoughts. Voltaire

workwings

Mon May 30, 2011 11:07 am

NBO is not that big, so the actual getting from A to B is not the issue. I would be more worried about the transit from the domestic area to international, and also clearing security again. Also, a slight delay in leaving MBA might make this connection impossible. If you really had to be on the plane to LHR you might want to consider hiring a taxi and getting dinner at one of the restaurants on the road between the city and the airport, e.g. if my memory serves me well, Carnivore.

RyanairGuru

Mon May 30, 2011 1:56 pm

Quoting yeogeo (Reply 1):
According to the OAG, the minimum connecting time in NBO is 1 hour for a domestic to international connection, so you should be O.K. if everything is running smoothly.

But that's based on the assumption that you're through-checked and don't have to collect/recheck luggage etc. Accounting for that, then I would say no.

Have you considered KQ? Even if it's more expensive it could be worth it for a flight timed between the two.
Worked Hard, Flew Right