coachclass

What's The Cost For DL's Economy Comfort

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:55 am

When checking DELTA's web site for international fares, Economy Comfort is offered many times but it is not priced until after you've already purchased any economy ticket. So how much more does this poor man's business class seat cost? Is it a flat fee more or somehow adjusted depending on how much you paid for the economy seat? Any examples, such as JFK to TXL or FCO? It's really odd that DELTA doesn't tell you before hand. I've noticed on the seating charts, as reliable as they are, that economy comfort seats don't seem to be selling well which makes me think that they are costly and maybe business seats are a better bargain for the buck after all.

Herc4ever

RE: What's The Cost For DL's Economy Comfort

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:00 am

For a trip next week, $80 for JFKVCE and $120 AMSPDX.
GTF PDX EUG DEN SLC SFO SEA SAT DFW ORD MSP ATL PHL JFK CLT BWI ADD CGN FRA HHN PMI GSE RMS FRF AVB IUD KIK KWI BGW HBE

ScottB

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:03 am

Quoting CoachClass (Thread starter):
So how much more does this poor man's business class seat cost? Is it a flat fee more or somehow adjusted depending on how much you paid for the economy seat?

My guess is that it is distance-dependent, although the highest economy fares get it for free.

coachclass

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:24 am

Quoting Herc4ever (Reply 1):
For a trip next week, $80 for JFKVCE and $120 AMSPDX.

Thanks for the information, but how did you get it? I assume that the add-on fares you quoted are one way and actually seem rather reasonable given the extra space and free drinks!

Herc4ever

Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:55 am

Quoting CoachClass (Reply 3):

My parents are flying out to visit and when I told my mom about it, she went for it. And yes, it is one way.
GTF PDX EUG DEN SLC SFO SEA SAT DFW ORD MSP ATL PHL JFK CLT BWI ADD CGN FRA HHN PMI GSE RMS FRF AVB IUD KIK KWI BGW HBE

BRJ

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Quoting ScottB (Reply 2):
My guess is that it is distance-dependent, although the highest economy fares get it for free.

It is distance based, with the maximum being $160 each way I believe. My brother is traveling to to JNB in July and it cost him $320 roundtrip for Economy Comfort.
And yes, you must first book your ticket and then go back into your itenary and add the Economy Comfort, according to Delta's site: http://www.delta.com/traveling_check.../economy_class/economy_comfort.jsp

I believe there is a trip report posted in that forum from someone on a flight from Germany.

Flyer732

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Its actually based on your fare mostly. The cheapest fare = the highest cost to upgrade. But the most expensive it'll be is $160, the cheapest is $50. Unless you're full fare or Elite.