I grew up in Boston. Here are some odds and ends that were cool to a 14 year old:
1. Landing in cities and seeing exotic by carriers like Western, Frontier, Ozark, and Midway
2. Seeing UA and DL DC-8's.
3. Seeing EA L10's crowding Logan's terminal A.
4. Seeing a People Express 747.
5. Getting upgraded because we dressed nicely!
6. Collecting timetables.
7. Flying a 747 BOS-JFK on TWA.
8. Flying a UA 727 PWM-BGR (ok, that was in 1990!)
9. Visiting DL's old Courtesy Clubs (the unstaffed Crown Rooms they had at many smaller stations, like STL and BDL).
10. The old tube headphones with which my sister would make me listen to her sing!