Airstud
Topic Author

Mileage Credit Deadline:the Form, Or The Decision?

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:18 am

See, I flew UA MSP-DEN-SFO last February 6 but the miles did not show up in my Aeroplan account.

The six-month deadline for retroactive mileage credit is upon us, so I went to Aeroplan.com, found out what I needed to do to request credit, scrounged up the info (ticket number? srsly?), and punched it all in (for my MSP-DEN flight, DEN-SFO, and the SFO-MSP flight on February 16th).

Yon website did state that

The missing Aeroplan Miles will be validated and, if accepted, the miles will be posted to your account within six weeks.

So...am I going to be OK, since I've submitted the request before the six-month deadline, or...if it takes them till some time after August 6th to validate the missing miles, will I be SOL? Does the deadline apply to the date of the request, or the date they approve it, is what I'm asking here.

Pancakes are delicious.

TW

RE: Mileage Credit Deadline:the Form, Or The Decis

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:46 am

Quoting Airstud (Thread starter):
Does the deadline apply to the date of the request, or the date they approve it, is what I'm asking here.

I'm not sure but I would suppose that the date of the request is what counts. The date of approval is a bit arbitrary, and completely up to the airline.

I hope you get your miles. The airline is already at fault for not crediting the miles, so they should make it up to you by approving your request.

It happens to me from time to time as well, for no apparent reason. Travelling CDG-VIE-PEK on Austrian Airlines I only got miles for the second leg and had to request the miles for the first leg, although checking in only once and using the same carrier.

Good luck.

TW

Airstud
Topic Author

RE: Mileage Credit Deadline:the Form, Or The Decis

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:40 am

The a.net worldwide community may now breathe a sigh of relief:

The miles have been credited to my account.

[Edited 2011-08-06 20:42:40]
Pancakes are delicious.