MIAspotter
Topic Author

Changi Airport - Cabin Luggage.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:51 am

Hi guys.

What are the liquids/gels/food restrictions at Changi Airport?

I will be there in November and I am planning to bring a nice supply of Kaya jam back home  (love this stuff) I will be travelling on Jetstar to HKG and thus being a low-cost carrier I do not plan to check any bags and just travel with hand luggage.

Will I be fine passing thru with 3-5 jars? or will it be confiscated? I don´t know if they consider this liquids or gels.

If anybody has had any experiences please share.

Thanks in advance.

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

MIAspotter
Topic Author

RE: Changi Airport - Cabin Luggage.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:02 am

Oh Nevermind... just checked the Changi website, Kaya is considered ¨Liquid¨ so subject to the silly rule.

Guess I will have to check one bag.

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

initious

Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:56 pm

Quoting MIAspotter (Thread starter):
I am planning to bring a nice supply of Kaya jam back home

Those are wonderful! =D Even I love them and spread them nice and thick on toasts.

Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 1):
Kaya is considered ¨Liquid¨ so subject to the silly rule.

Changi is actually one of the strictest when it comes to that rule. However, can't be blamed that Singaporeans are only trained to follow the rules and not be flexible.  

Regards
Daniel
One way I will fly around the world!

MIAspotter
Topic Author

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:18 pm

Quoting initious (Reply 2):
Those are wonderful! =D Even I love them and spread them nice and thick on toasts.

Ohhh I know!!! can´t wait to get back there and straight to Ya Kun Kaya!! NOM!!!

Quoting initious (Reply 2):
Singaporeans are only trained to follow the rules and not be flexible.

LOL.

Anyways, luckily I can only add a checked bag on my return flight SIN-HKG so it should not be a problem (WHY SQ so expensive lah?)

MIAspotter
Nos vamos de Vueling?

Coal

Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:46 am

Pack the kaya in the checked luggage. Last time my parents were here my parting gift to them (after they checked in) were two jars of Ya Kun kaya, which unfortunately did not make it past the gate.

Cheers
Coal
Nxt Flts: MI RGN-SIN | SQ SIN-RGN-SIN | CX SIN-HKG-PVG | SQ PVG-SIN

initious

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:52 am

Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 3):
Ohhh I know!!! can´t wait to get back there and straight to Ya Kun Kaya!! NOM!!!

Wow, those are the BEST here! =D You are making me crave for them.. Right now!

Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 3):
WHY SQ so expensive lah?

Good question! They are increasing their prices like there's no tomorrow. SIN-CAN used to cost like S$600 in the past (in 2008) and now it's over S$900! That's like almost a 40% increase, not forgetting to mention other routes like SIN-EWR last time in Executive Economy was just a little over S$2000 and now SIN-FRA-JFK is asking for S$2900, close to S$3000! I could have easily taken BR SIN-TPE-EWR (or JFK in the future) for only S$2000 in PREMIUM economy!

I actually commented on this on their FB page regarding their post about purchasing 8 more 77Ws. Though, I am sure it'll go unnoticed.  

Regards,
Daniel
One way I will fly around the world!