NorthstarBoy
Topic Author

Do DL Mainline Flights Really Go From C At Atl?

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 am

So, I was checking the gate assignments for my mom's flights from Memphis-Atlanta-Denver on DL and I saw something that seemed odd, her Atlanta-Denver flight for tonight is scheduled out of C-48. For some reason I had the idea that the Delta gates on C were all RJ gates. Am I wrong? Or is it just a typo on the DL website?
Yes, I'd like to see airbus go under so Boeing can have their customers!

deltal1011man

RE: Do DL Mainline Flights Really Go From C At Atl

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:31 am

yea has a few C gates that they run mainline out of now. IIRC the biggest thing they run out of them is a 73H with winglets.
New airliners.net web site sucks.

TLHFLA

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:38 am

A319's and A320's use a handful of gates on C. DL is also using the former NW gates on D for mainline ops now.
Bill in ATL

NorthstarBoy
Topic Author

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:44 am

Thanks for the info. I can still remember when DL's side of C was a derelict leftover from Eastern's glory days and the DL Rjs that used their side of the concouse had to board from the ramp. Just from looking at the terminal map, it looks like DL has gone a long way towards rehabbing their side of the concourse. If and when I ever get through Atl again, I'll have to go take a look.

Now I just hope that mom actually makes her 35 minute connection.

Once again, thanks for the info.
Yes, I'd like to see airbus go under so Boeing can have their customers!

skymiler

Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Our TLH flights are often from "C", espcially when a 319 is used.

Nice having a Crown Room nearby (fomer Eastern Ionosphere Club)!
I love to fly, and it shows!

AVLAirlineFreq

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Yes, C is much better than it used to be (although it still needs a couple of more dining options, IMHO.)

Now, DL, when is the Sky Club going to open on D?  

XFSUgimpLB41X

Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:02 pm

Several C gates on the north side of C are used for A320 and 737 type aircraft.

Also the old NW gates are used (frequently DC-9s... I guess they like going there for the memories.   ), as well as a couple gates more toward the north side of D are now being used for mainline as well.

It makes for some interesting flight crew treks in between turns!
Chicks dig winglets.

srbmod

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Quoting NorthstarBoy (Reply 3):
Thanks for the info. I can still remember when DL's side of C was a derelict leftover from Eastern's glory days and the DL Rjs that used their side of the concouse had to board from the ramp.

In my brief time with EV in 2000, the boarding layout was a nightmare, especially when you're trying to board 2 or 3 flights at the same time. The movable canopies were a joke and a half (some of the machines used to deploy the longer runs of them to plane side would constantly break or come unhooked from the canopy assembly), and just about every time there were multiple flights boarding at the same time (The gate I worked had five parking spots, but two of them were rarely used.), you would get a few folks trying to get on the wrong flight. It was weird for me to taxi past C North and D North several years ago when they had the boarding ramps and it's even weirder to see all of those clusters of jetways on those ends these days.

burnsie28

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Quoting XFSUgimpLB41X (Reply 6):
Several C gates on the north side of C are used for A320 and 737 type aircraft.

Also the old NW gates are used (frequently DC-9s... I guess they like going there for the memories. ), as well as a couple gates more toward the north side of D are now being used for mainline as well.

Correct my flight ATL-COS departed out of the C gates, there are often a lot of Airbus' sitting at those gates. The D gates are used for everything, took a 757 to JAX out of D14 last week. Originally they were mostly PMNW aircraft out of those gates but I have seen everything except widebodies at those gates now.

deltaffindfw

Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:40 pm

Quoting AVLAirlineFreq (Reply 5):
Now, DL, when is the Sky Club going to open on D?

This was announced today:

Later this month, a brand new Delta Sky Club will open on Concourse D, putting at least one Delta Sky Club on every concourse in Delta's leading international gateway.

The new 5,700-foot club on Concourse D, near gate D27, is Delta's first on Concourse D. It will feature a full service bar and updated contemporary atmosphere.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Delta-...ted-prnews-553969127.html?x=0&.v=1

isitsafenow

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:16 pm

I think DL mainline uses all buildings to some extent at ATL.
safe
If two people agree on EVERYTHING, then one isn't necessary.

1337Delta764

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Quoting burnsie28 (Reply 8):
Correct my flight ATL-COS departed out of the C gates, there are often a lot of Airbus' sitting at those gates. The D gates are used for everything, took a 757 to JAX out of D14 last week. Originally they were mostly PMNW aircraft out of those gates but I have seen everything except widebodies at those gates now.

Of course, neither the C nor D gates are capable of handling widebodies, only T, A, and E can handle them (although A can only handle up to the 764ER, T was recently upgraded to handle A330s).
The Pink Delta 767-400ER - The most beautiful aircraft in the sky