bastew
Topic Author

Louis Tavern Lounges BKK

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:09 pm

Hey all,

Just curious if anyone has any experience of the Louis Tavern lounges in BKK?

My mum has a three hour transit in BKK next week and I was wandering if its work the GBP28 for a couple hours relaxation or if its just a giant waiting room and not worth the expense.

Thanks!

MillwallSean

RE: Louis Tavern Lounges BKK

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:43 am

There are a few of them. i have been in them often.I assume you just talk about lounge here and not a dayroom...

Louis Tavern is ok, nothing special but ok. Offers some snacks, drinks incl wine and beer etc, internet and some couches etc to sit down in.
Some are busy some are very quiet. if she wants to relax she should go to the one where they have their dayrooms its usually very calm.
Most have no showers.

She can spend there hours there or she can have a massage in a quiet and rather dark massage place. footmassage is good against DVT they say. if she has long flights might be worth to do that instead.
Sure the massage is overpriced etc its an airport but its usually 800 baht etc. Not much by western standards.
No One Likes Us - We Dont Care.

CXfirst

RE: Louis Tavern Lounges BKK

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:20 am

Louis Tavern is just like any average lounge. Not great, but not too bad, some airlines use it as their lounge actually. However, at times they can be quite crowded. But, GBP28 is worth it, if she has a reasonably long layover.

-CXfirst