reifel
Topic Author

Transfer In LGA, Help Needed

Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:21 am

Hi There,

I hope some of you guys which are familiar with LGA can help me.
Next week I'll be flying from BTV to LGA with US and then from LGA to RDU via ATL with DL. I have 2,5 hours between the flights in LGA, and since they are on two different tickets I will collect my checked bag in LGA and recheck it with DL.

I guess 2,5 hours should be fine if nothing goes wrong, and I need to go from terminal C to terminal D.

What is the easiest and fastest way to get from C to D?
And let's say hypotically US would check my bag in BTV through on DL til RDU (I can still try and ask), is there a airside link from Temrinal C to D or do I need to go landside anyway?

Thanks.

jetblue777

RE: Transfer In LGA, Help Needed

Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:44 am

Quoting reifel (Thread starter):
What is the easiest and fastest way to get from C to D?
And let's say hypotically US would check my bag in BTV through on DL til RDU (I can still try and ask), is there a airside link from Temrinal C to D or do I need to go landside anyway?

The US Airways Terminal and Delta Terminal are right next to each other (Obviously, C and D) So 2.5 hours should be more than enough.

There's a free shuttle bus that connects all terminals that runs every 10-15 min.

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/lga-airport-connections.html
http://lga.airport-viewer.com/terminals.html

Quote:

Transfer Between Terminals - There is a free bus service between the terminals.
Information desks (tel: 1-718-533-3400) can be found at various points throughout the Central Terminal Building.

Or you could walk...Not sure if it's legal lol

Quoting reifel (Thread starter):
is there a airside link from Temrinal C to D or do I need to go landside anyway?

The terminals aren't connected to each other, so you'll have to go out from the baggage claim and somehow find the free shuttle bus or like I said, walking could be a possibility.
It's a cultural thing.

TR1

Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Yes you can walk from Terminal C to Terminal D. I've done it on numerous times. It may even be faster than waiting for the inter-terminal bus.

planeguy727

Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:10 am

Because the shuttles route in one direction it will be much easier and faster to walk. After claiming your bags from US Airways, exit the building, turn left and walk to the Delta terminal. Won't take very long.
I want to live in an old and converted 727...