Luftfahrer
Topic Author

Delta Air Lines New BE Glassware

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:27 am

Hello everyone,

I noticed that Delta has most recently changed their BusinessElite glassware. Formerly, it used to look like this:

http://bit.ly/rksbjS

...and now it looks like this:

http://bit.ly/oaTbaD

Does anybody here happen to know what will happen to the old glasses? I collect airline memorabilia (in particular glass and chinaware) and really like the shape of those glasses. Perhaps they will be put up for sale somwhere?

Many thanks in advance for any input!
'He resembled a pilot, which to a seaman is trustworthiness personified.' Joseph Conrad

falstaff

RE: Delta Air Lines New BE Glassware

Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:04 pm

Quoting Luftfahrer (Thread starter):
Does anybody here happen to know what will happen to the old glasses? I collect airline memorabilia (in particular glass and chinaware) and really like the shape of those glasses. Perhaps they will be put up for sale somwhere?

As far as glasses I don't know. But... I spotted a lot of Delta china at the Salvation Army thrift store in Romulus, near DTW. I picked up 12 coffee cups for $2 and 12 small bowls for $2. They also had amenity kits 3 for a $1. They also had a few NW bowls. They had a large box of knives too, but no forks or spoons.

I always wanted an NW glass. I always liked the ones they served beer in in F.

AA donated a lot of TW china to charity (Operation Liftoff) in STL that operates a store in the old operations building. I have a large collection of plates, saucers, small bowls and cups from there. I also have 16 sets of TW silverware. I usethe silverware everyday.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

delimit

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Quoting Luftfahrer (Thread starter):
I collect airline memorabilia (in particular glass and chinaware) and really like the shape of those glasses.

Totally off topic, but had to share:
Walked into total junk shop in Greenpoint, Brooklyn about 15 years ago. Sitting on a shelf covered with dust were 30 Pan Am tumblers. Clear glass with just the logo in white.

I almost wet myself, and yes, I bought the lot.

Luftfahrer
Topic Author

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:48 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 1):
Delta china

Their old china or what they are still using as of now?

Quoting delimit (Reply 2):
Totally off topic, but had to share:

Sure thing, I wish I would have that kind of luck with airline merchandise.  

I think I may send Delta an e-mail and ask them if there's any possiblity to purchase the now-retired glassware.
'He resembled a pilot, which to a seaman is trustworthiness personified.' Joseph Conrad

jetjack74

Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:21 am

I acquired a ton glassware to keep in a personal collection before NW merged, just so I could have a few of each. And now that Delta has no logos on it's glassware, I could care less.
Made from jets!