kevin
Topic Author

What Boarding Music Would You Like?

Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi I was wondering what boarding music would u play in your airline if u had one that is? I'm not talking songs with words, just plain music like chill out/lounge. The other day I was in HKG and they r playing this absolutely amazing chill out music at the airport, but how can I know what it is? If u have any ideas post a link to a youtube video. thx

wilco737

RE: What Boarding Music Would You Like?

Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:21 am

Quoting kevin (Thread starter):

I don't want to hear any music while boarding. Don't need it...

wilco737

PGNCS

Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:43 am

Quoting wilco737 (Reply 1):
I don't want to hear any music while boarding.

Thank you Wilco; I could not agree more.

CPHFF

Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:32 am

Austrian have great Boarding Music (yes, I'm an old fart)

I quite enjoy the Classical music of Mozart, Beethoven ans Strauss. It beats the heck out of listening to passengers arguing that they have taken some one elses seat or overhead bin space. Especially in the summer season when the aircraft is jammed with people who for some reason act like they have never been on a plane before (which probably most of them haven't)

PL
Detroit is bankrupt. Don't forget to thank UAW folks!

planejamie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:05 am

I always found BD played boarding music, normally some pop/chill stuff. Some of it was pretty good so I bought it, they list it in their entertainment guide at the bottom of the audio page here: http://www.bmivoyager.com/entertainment/

I actually quite liked it, made the cabin more welcoming and was nice to have something to listen to when stuck in the queue for take-off at LHR. In fact, I remember fondly a flight this time last year on an ERJ-145 from LHR-MAN, they had it on quite loud but I remember them playing Cafe De Flore - Doctor Rockit and Silence - Delirium

Quoting CPHFF (Reply 3):
Austrian have great Boarding Music (yes, I'm an old fart)

Do they still have the video playing to the music showing pictures/scenes from Austria?

Quoting wilco737 (Reply 1):
I don't want to hear any music while boarding. Don't need it...

I do agree to some extent, I don't miss it when I fly on BA and it's not to everyone's tastes, but still livens the cabin up when delayed or on a cold winter morning (then again, in my experience, BA haven't been delayed over 15 minutes and they put the heating on, so they probably don't need it).

BD can get a bit repetitive as they only have a small amount of music and they've not changed it for years