rdwootty
Topic Author

Delta "" Comfort " Seats

Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Just booked some flights with Delta from Manchester and have ^upgraded^ to Comfort seats This cost £51 per flight. I know we do not get any extra except for legroom. However as the aircraft fills up then I suspect that some passengers will get the upgrade free when they checkin,as the flight capacity is a total of all seats.
Would I have been better to try for the upgrade at checkin /gate or am I better to have what I want now?
Any DL employees at MAN maybe you could let me know.
Interesting that it does not count as Premium economy so I do not have to pay the extra tax
Looking forward to the flight and hoping there is no snow at ATL on 27th Jan

burnsie28

RE: Delta "" Comfort " Seats

Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Actually you do get more in International Economy comfort. I wouldn't wait till check-in.

With International Economy comfort you get:

Extra recline, early boarding, complimentary spirits, and more leg room.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check.../economy_class/economy_comfort.jsp

PI4EVER

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:14 pm

As burnsie28 pointed out there are a few extra perks for Economy Comfort. The meal service is the same as standard Y.
These seats are not free unless you are a DL SkyMiles elite frequent flyer and if any of these seats are still available at the 24 hour mark for OLCI or at the airport kiosk within 2 hours of departure the charge to upgrade to them still applies.
Buying now at the point of sale gives you the best selection of seats that are available.
I think you will enjoy DL's style of service. Enjoy your visit to the USA........and keep warm. Its cold here in January!
watch what you want. you may get it.

LOWS

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:57 pm

Were they looking at those „Cozy Suite“ seats or did they get something else?

rdwootty
Topic Author

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Yes I thought it was better to book, in fact looking at Seat Guru there are some not so good ones even in that section. Although the flight is to Atlanta the end destination is San Juan and a Carnival cruise!
Thanks for the comments , it is always a help when you have your decision confirmed as a good one!

akelley728

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Quoting LOWS (Reply 3):
Were they looking at those „Cozy Suite“ seats or did they get something else?

They are standard Economy seats, with just a few extra inches of legroom.