jet72uk
Topic Author

BA LGW-MLE During Xmas J Class

Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:39 pm

There are only 4 J class seats between 12-24 December available for sale on the LGW-MLE route. Surely its about time to introuduce F on this service. Are BA not missing a trick here?

BestWestern

RE: BA LGW-MLE During Xmas J Class

Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Just because J is full doesnt mean that F would work. J and F are two completely different market segments.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

jet72uk
Topic Author

Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:09 pm

Just because J is full doesnt mean that F would work. J and F are two completely different market segments.

Belive me - F would work on MLE!

BestWestern

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:56 am

Quoting jet72uk (Reply 2):
Belive me - F would work on MLE!

So, you want BA to put the infrastructure in place to operate F class to a leisure destination because J class is full over christmas.

What other airlines offer F class from Europe to MLE?
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

jet72uk
Topic Author

Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:40 pm

No J is full most of the year. It a natural high end route to have F.

heebeegb

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:54 pm

BA2043/BA2042 MLE service is almost always busy in J and W, however the passenger profile is basically wealthy couples going on holiday, or couples who are treating themselves or are taking a special holiday for honeymoon/anniversary etc. I don't believe the route requires or could sustain an F cabin.

Any F demand for MLE would, I believe be made up mainly from upgrades with miles etc not actually pax buying full price F tickets.

The other issue is that if you put a 4 class aircraft on the route you've then got a 4 class aircraft operating other routes from LGW which are currently on a 3 class due to the fact that there isn't just one aircraft dedicated to MLE.

Although I don't agree the route needs an F cabin, one thing I would say in favour of a 4 class aircraft is the config would suit the route better I think in terms of maximising revenue

Being configured 14/48/40/124 rather than the 3 class of either 0/48/24/203 or 0/40/24/216 would give BA more W seats to sell which I think would be a good move on the MLE route and the loss of M seats I think would be ok as the flight often has a fair number of M seats empty. You'd also have 48J all the time rather than only sometimes as the route is sometimes operated by a G-VIIx aircraft (although not often, usually a G-YMMx)