Nexus Application Wait Times

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:31 am

I recently (11/14) applied for the NEXUS card. I have periodically checked the GOES website and I am still at the "Pending" stage. Anyone have an dealings with this? Just wondering how long the average wait is from initial application to notification of approval/interview scheduling.
I miss the Red Tail

RE: Nexus Application Wait Times

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:53 am

Mine was extremely fast - 3-4 days between enrollment application and approval for interview. Interview itself was available at LAX the following week so the whole thing was done in about 2-weeks. As I recall they send you and email to your registered address once the application is cleared to proceed to the interview stage.

Off course I might not be the typical applicant as I have some 20+ years of established Federal government background history with various security and military clearances so the typical experience might be different.

Anyhow once you get it can be a big time saver. A couple weeks back I was off the airplane and outside on the curb in under 5-minutes. Nonstop walking from the plane with under 60-seconds spent at the kiosk. Amen.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

RE: Nexus Application Wait Times

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:57 pm

I'm sure the Canadian and American processing times are different but I have a friend who actually had their NEXUS interview yesterday in Toronto. I'm not sure how long he waited from the initial application to notification to approval and interview scheduling but he was notified the third week of September that he was approved for an interview and could only get in this week to do it. I know he applied sometime in August. He nearly had to change his interview but when he went online to set up a new one the next time slots open where in February which would have been quite the wait. In the end he made things work out and went yesterday.
The mind, like a parachute, functions only when open.