lesismore
Topic Author

US Airways A320 IFE

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:21 pm

I will be flying tomorrow from ONT to EWR via PHX on US Airways. Both flights are scheduled on A320's. When looking through the US Airways website, I don't see any entertainment information for this plane. Does anyone know the status of IFE for these planes, if any at all? Do they even have WiFi? What about power ports? Its been a year or so since I flew on US, but that was on an A321, with no IFE but it did have WiFi. What can I expect on my flights? Thanks in advance!
I'm a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down. - Abe Lincoln

1337Delta764

RE: US Airways A320 IFE

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:54 pm

US Airways doesn't offer IFE on any domestic flight within the lower 48 states.
The Pink Delta 767-400ER - The most beautiful aircraft in the sky

KingFriday013

Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:40 pm

You won't get anything. Only the A321s have Wi-Fi. US Airways does have a great magazine though.

-J.
Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you, By the livin' Gawd that made you, You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

lesismore
Topic Author

Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:45 pm

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Reply 1):
US Airways doesn't offer IFE on any domestic flight within the lower 48 states.

Wow, that's a surprise, considering how most of the other major carriers are now enhancing their in-flight products, including domestically. Unfortunately, I didn't book this trip, otherwise I would have chosen a different airline.

Quoting KingFriday013 (Reply 2):
US Airways does have a great magazine though.

I'll be sure to read it!

Thanks!
I'm a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down. - Abe Lincoln

furlough

Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:32 am

Quoting lesismore (Reply 3):
Wow, that's a surprise, considering how most of the other major carriers are now enhancing their in-flight products, including domestically. Unfortunately, I didn't book this trip, otherwise I would have chosen a different airline.

Yes we took it out since no one was using it. Quite frankly when I look back... I really wonder why we didn't take it out sooner lol. Rumor has it from several friends who work in Tempe that Wifi will come to the rest of the 320 family sooner than later. Usage rates have been improving on the 321s...

KingFriday013

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:19 am

Quoting Furlough (Reply 4):
Yes we took it out since no one was using it. Quite frankly when I look back... I really wonder why we didn't take it out sooner lol. Rumor has it from several friends who work in Tempe that Wifi will come to the rest of the 320 family sooner than later. Usage rates have been improving on the 321s...

I'd say get it on the 319s if at all possible. I bet it would be a hit on the Shuttle, even if people only had access to it for 10 minutes. If they can afford to take the Shuttle, they can afford the Wi-Fi (that is, if they're even the ones paying  ).

-J.
Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you, By the livin' Gawd that made you, You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

dumbell2424

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:14 pm

Quoting Furlough (Reply 4):
Rumor has it from several friends who work in Tempe that Wifi will come to the rest of the 320 family sooner than later. Usage rates have been improving on the 321s...

I heard it's coming to all of the domestic fleet...oh rumors!