canadiantree
Topic Author

Airline Obligations If Flight Cancelled (CSA)

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:23 am

Hi,

I just found out through here that OK has closed their BTS hub without notice to the airport, all OK flights have been removed from the BTS airport FIDS and flights are no longer bookable in or out of BTS on their website...

I am supposed to fly home to CDG from BTS tomorrow evening, My girlfriend has 3 roundtrips booked with them from this Friday through to January 4th... We bought the tickets well in advance so we only paid €95 per roundtrip. My questions in these situations is, what obligation does the airline have? Could they just refund me or do they have to legally reroute me if this is what I so desire? VIE isn't far from BTS and since AF operates out of Vienna to Paris and OK is a Skyteam member, would they reroute me there and would they cover my transportation costs from BTS to VIE?

I haven't called OK yet, I want to get as much info as I can before I do, I'm surprised they haven't called me themselves, I went on Check my trip and my flight is still listed as confirmed even though it isn't showing on OK's or BTS airport's website...

Thanks for any help guys, appreciate it...

William

LOWS

RE: Airline Obligations If Flight Cancelled (CSA)

Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:37 pm

I would call them ASAFP.

Here is a handy guide on your rights within the EU, don't know how much it applies to you though.

http://ec.europa.eu/transport/passenger-rights/en/index.html