thomacf
Topic Author

Cathay Pacific Economy Question LAX/HKG

Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:23 pm

How is the service and seating (leg room and recline ability) on Cathay LAX - HKG service? Is there anything between economy and business that provides better comfort. Also are there PTVs at each seat? Is it Live TV, Movies, games and internet, etc...? Is the food good too? Thanks

n92r03

RE: Cathay Pacific Economy Question LAX/HKG

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:37 am

This should answer most of your questions. CX is a great airline and definitely a nicer ride in Y than many others.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_US/whatonboard/economyclass

jetfuel

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:35 am

I like CX but the fixed-back shell seat in Economy Class is one of the worst seats I have ever had to sit in. I would read a few reviews for yourself. Either pay extra for business of find another airline until ther replace these horrible seats

[Edited 2011-12-08 02:36:54]
Where's the passion gone out of the airline industry? The smell of jetfuel and the romance of taking a flight....

theobcman

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:46 am

Quoting thomacf (Thread starter):

Firstly Yes - there is a massive difference between Y & J but obviously so is the price difference - from my experience on CX HKG-LHR on B744 in Y I did not enjoy it one bit. Seat was uncomfortable with no real padding, recline was useless & could not straighten my legs. So much so that I would avoid CX in the future !
Service, food, crew & PTV entertainment were great though!

Not sure if that has helped at all but just my experience.

mickey90

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:47 pm

I like the seats that CX is offering in Y. I've heard a lot of complaints about them being too hard, but I thought they were comfortable.
The AVOD-system didn't have any live TV or Internet, but the collection of movies and music was good IMO.
One thing I didn't liked about the AVOD-system was the poor sound quality. I thought it was way too poor for a 5* airline.
It's better to be in the air wishing you were on the ground than being on the ground wishing you were in the air

CXB77L

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:36 pm

Quoting thomacf (Thread starter):
How is the service and seating (leg room and recline ability) on Cathay LAX - HKG service? Is there anything between economy and business that provides better comfort. Also are there PTVs at each seat? Is it Live TV, Movies, games and internet, etc...? Is the food good too? Thanks

1. Service - depends on the crew. You can have great crew and bad crew on any airline. But for the most part, I haven't had a problem with CX crew.

2. Seating - I love the fixed shell seats. I love the fact that the person in front cannot recline into my space. 32" pitch, decent sized PTV with AVOD but no Live TV and no internet.

3. Food - varies. I've never tried the catering out of LAX. But hey - Y class food is Y class food. Don't set too high an expectation. It'll be edible, it'd be reasonbly tasty, but it probably won't be the best meal you've ever had.
Boeing 777 fanboy