XJetflyer
Topic Author

Bad Weather Delay At Airport, What Do You Do?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:13 am

Over the years I have avoided traveling during December through March because of all the weather delays. I've only had to do a few trips over the years and had no bad luck. You see the airport closings or canceled trips on tv and people look like a Mack truck has hit them.

I know most of us say, get a room and ride it out. But what if no rooms are available and you have no where to go in the area you are in? Has anyone had to deal with this before? I'm not talking a few hours. I'm talking possible days.

How do you survive at the airport? I guess you can get food until they run out. Does someone like Red Cross come?

This may sound crazy or silly to some, but I want to try to be prepared. I have a lot of travel dates coming up. I will be flying to places I know no one at.

Any friendly advice is appreciated. Stories that you can share would be great to. I want to hear it all. Even the smallest details. I believe in knowledge.

Thanks

davescj

RE: Bad Weather Delay At Airport, What Do You Do?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:18 am

I use AMEX insurance when I travel (10 per R/T) so I have a great deal of flexibility.

If no hotel rooms, rent a car if possible. In cases where the airport is awful, provided streets are open, vendors will come. But ANYTHING is better than airport hell.

Dave
Can I have a mojito on this flight?

usflyer msp

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:25 am

At MSP, we have a stranded passenger program. We provide sleeping mats and toiletries to stranded pax and arrange for the restaurants to stay open. We also have travelers assistance which assists with special cases.

jetblueguy22

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:04 am

Thats easy! Chill in the terminal and admire the beautiful planes sitting on the tarmac! Most people would freak out about being stuck but more time at the airport is a okay with me!
Blue
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

fxramper

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Drink scotch and wait.

XJetflyer
Topic Author

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Ha ha. Love some of the responses. I enjoy looking at the planes. Scotch can be a good thing to. I just have heard a few instances of not being able to leave and having to stay for a couple days and I was wondering what things that you can have with you help you deal with it better.

I will check in to the AMEX insurance for sure.