vandenheuvel
Topic Author

Transfer At SVO

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi all,

I know this subject has been discussed before on A.net. However I still have some questions about the matter. As I discussed here recently I have been looking to fly some special aircraft in Ukraine. In my search I found a flight From SVO to IST on SU with the Ilyushin 96-300. Flying this without getting a Russian (transfer) visa is possible by simply connecting there from KBP.

As found on Wikipedia I will arrive and depart from two different terminals at SVO. Where can I find the actual terminals I will be using at this airport? And do I need to know anything special about this transfer? Transfer time is 2 hours and 55 minutes.

Thanks in advance,

vandenHeuvel

SirThomas

RE: Transfer At SVO

Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:52 pm

You'll be fine transferring, but just remind the staff to collect you.

I've been there a few times now, and they leave you there waiting, forever... If you don't remind them to take you onwards you'll see your flight take off without you.

And that's without mentioning their complete and total lack of any English speakers! 

Tom
Flown On: A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/AT45/734/736/738/744/DH8D/T204/T154/IL62/T134/IL-18/An-24

airevents

RE: Transfer At SVO

Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:47 pm

You can check out the Sheremetyevo homepage www.svo.aero. It is actually quite helpful and you can find out what airlines use what terminals. If you transfer between D-E-F it should be easy as it is all one building really and very closely connected.
www.airevents.com