slz396
Topic Author

Air Asia Counter Check-in Fee: Why So Complicated?

Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:04 am

As a general rule, Air Asia have a check-in fee if you're not using the online/mobile check in option on their website. However, this seems not to be applicable to all flights; does anybody know why it is not applicable on Thai Air Asia flights for instance?

So am I right in assuming that depending the operating branch of the Air Asia brand you're flying with, you either have to pay it or not then? And how does this work at places like BKK, where different brands operate on the same route, one with and one without the check-in fee? Why not streamline this process? Quite confusing, I must say!

bill142

RE: Air Asia Counter Check-in Fee: Why So Complica

Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:25 am

tweet @tonyfernandes on twitter and he might explain it to you.

Lufthansa747

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Your itinerary will say under special services ECF if there is no fee.
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium

lehovec

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:30 pm

From their website...

It will be effective for all bookings made from 21st Sept 2011 at GMT +8 (Malaysia time – for all regional platforms) for flights departing from all airports where AirAsia and AirAsia X operate, except China (Hong Kong and Macau), Clark in Philippines, Tokyo (Haneda) and Osaka (kansai) in Japan, Seoul (Incheon) in Korea, Tehran (Imam Khomeini) in Iran and Thailand (FD flights only).

So I'm guessing if flying from BKK on FD no charge on other AirAsia platforms, fee will be charged.