alsberg
Topic Author

Stopover In The Middle East

Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:16 pm

I am looking into a trip from Europe to India this summer, and was wondering which airline offers the best stop over program. I am not sure whether I will be in business or economy.

emirates202

RE: Stopover In The Middle East

Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:26 am

Choose EK. They have many flights from all over Europe, and many to India, and u can choose a connection time of your choice. DXB is a great airport, and if ur in J, the EK lounge is amazing! The F lounge is even better! Trust me, I've been in both, and I fly to India through DXB on EK J or F 4-5 times a year. Choose EK!!!!!

Also, they offer many stopover packages, free visa, etc, and Dubai is an amazing city

[Edited 2011-12-21 17:29:56]
Fly Emirates, Hello Tomorrow

cedarjet

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:07 am

If you're going to break your journey and enter a country, yes, Dubai is worth a look, even if it's not your thing. You have to see it - the Mall Of The Emirates with the ski slope, the world's tallest building (Burj Dubai) etc.

Beirut is the most characterful, cosmopolitan, chic, cultural city (mmm alliterative!) between Dublin and Dhaka, but I don't think MEA fly to India, shame. There's nowhere like it on earth. Even the NYTimes said it's the travel destination of 2012 (or 2011 maybe, don't recall). If you can make Beirut happen, make it happen.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

leftyboarder

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:31 am

Not strictly MidEast (or Europe for that matter), but I'd recommend TK. Not only you'd get to experience TK, but also you'd have a chance to see Istanbul, a really nice place for a short visit (or a long one even). If you are going to spend less than a day at your stopover, you can also consider TK's own Istanbul city tour for free:

http://www.istanbulinhours.com/

blink182

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:29 pm

What about Omanair? Just slightly off the beaten path from EK,EY, and QR, though with impressive offerings in Y and C. I've never been to Oman, but in contrast with the in-your-face Qatar and UAE, I have friends who say Oman one of the prettiest places they've been to and regularly visit.
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

alsberg
Topic Author

Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Thanks all that have responded, I am considering all of your options, now I just have to find the most attractive option for a 2 or 3 night stopover.