debonair
Topic Author

Where To Book Airport Lounges Best?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:39 pm

Hi to you all, I am looking for an advise.

Where can I book airport lounges the best way? I am travelling not too much, so Priority Pass is out.

Any experience with gosimply.com or essentialtravel.co.uk?!

ThanX ChriX

signol

RE: Where To Book Airport Lounges Best?

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:08 pm

I had a code for a discount on loungepass.co.uk, pm me and I'll send it to you. I'm not sure if it has expired or not, or even if all lounges are included - I had a 5GBP discount for the No 1 lounge at LGW or STN.

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

readytotaxi

Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:36 pm

A google will bring up airport lounges. At Gatwick South No.1 Lounge, £20 gets you in upto 3 hrs before your flight.
Free drinks snacks papers and a nice atmosphere.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!

reifel

Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:05 am

Since you are in Germany you should maybe consider Sparda Bank. Most of the Sparda Banks, in my case the Sparda Bank Hessen, offer a Mastercard product which is great. It includes all usual insurances (and actually with good conditions, not the usual stuff with high excess, bad conditions and the need to use the card for payment in order to be actually protected), but what makes this card so great is that you get a full Priority Pass membership. I mean the one which gives you unlimited access to the lounges, without the need to pay again a sum for every visit.

The downside: The card costs approx 190 EUR a year, but you'll get the refund of this fee if you pay a least 7500 EUR with your card. This will obviously lead that you pay as much as you can with your Mastercard, meaning if you use a mastercard now to get air miles, you will have at least 7500 EUR less revenue on your air miles credit card. Second downside: You will need to open a checking account with Sparda Bank, as this is the only way to get the card. That said, their checking account product is fine, too. No fees for nothing and (again at least with Sparda Bank Hessen) if you open an account they will offer you a savings plan with maximum 250 EUR monthly for 10% (!!) interest, limited to one year.

I'm very happy with this product, but if you consider taking this, make sure to check with your local Sparda Bank branch if it's the same conditions as with Sparda Bank Hessen.