Eirules

Which Star FFP Now Diamond Club Is Going?

Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi all

Looking for some advice as to which Star Alliance frequent flyer program I should join when BD Diamond Club goes? I am a BD Gold so looking as to which program gives best miles and easiest way to earn Gold
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

nyc2theworld

RE: Which Star FFP Now Diamond Club Is Going?

Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:23 pm

I would head over to flyertalk and their star alliance fourm. They have posts upon posts to help you determine which *A FFP is good for you.
Always wonderers if this "last and final boarding call" is in fact THE last and final boarding call.

panamair

Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:48 pm

All depends on what perks you value more and where (geographically) you are based.

If you want to attain elite status relatively quickly for example, TG's Royal Orchid program and SK's EuroBonus are two of the better programs.

If you fly First or Business frequently, then LH's Miles-and-More is quite generous (3x miles for F, 2x miles for J, etc.)....

staralliance85

Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:02 pm

Definitely United Mileage Plus. They require a reasonable amount of miles and EVEN Better they do Not impose Fuel Surcharges. With the exception of US Dividend Miles and SAS Europlus all the other *A airlines impose a crazy fuel surcharge to award reservations.
brad Fitzpatrick

Eirules

Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Hey im based in Ireland with DUB my home airport. Most of my travel is in economy and generally do 2 long haul rtn trips a year and a few short haul. Last yr it was LH to JNB and CO to DCA and a few BD and LX mileage runs
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

Akiestar

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:51 am

Quoting panamair (Reply 2):
TG's Royal Orchid program

Just to warn the OP: if you do a lot of intra-Europe flying, several economy fare buckets on European carriers do not earn miles with Royal Orchid Plus. This was one of the reasons why I abandoned ROP in favor of the (soon-to-be) Mileage Plus.

However, it's easy to earn status with TG if you do a lot of intercontinental flying: a single BKK-LAX-BKK, for example, would be enough to earn Silver.

[Edited 2011-12-27 18:54:28]