9w748capt
Topic Author

Transit Hotel - A Thing Of The Past?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:51 am

So now that AA has axed DEL, I decided to check aa.com for other ways to get to India on oneworld. A particularly interesting itinerary on the return leg would have me flying DEL-HEL on AY with a nearly 24 hour layover in HEL as AY's flight mis-connects with AA's HEL-ORD service. Back in the day, I remember OK put us up in a transit hotel in PRG when we had a similar "misconnect" - so my question is would AA/AY take care of me and get me a room for the night? Or would it be on my own dime? I suppose I could call AA and ask, but it's a lot more fun to start a new thread   The fare is decent, so it's actually an option I'll consider. Hopefully Finland warms up by then!

directorguy

RE: Transit Hotel - A Thing Of The Past?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:03 am

I imagine AA/BA through LHR and maybe RJ via AMM might have more convenient connections?
Transit hotels are still common-on EK for example if you have a connection of more than 8 hours then you are entitled to a hotel (provided that is the shortest connection possible). Not sure if you have to be a certain fare class though.

9w748capt
Topic Author

RE: Transit Hotel - A Thing Of The Past?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:15 am

The itineraries I get on AA.com connect me to BA through LHR on the way to India, but on the return I'm getting AY through HEL or RJ through AMM. You're right though, RJ is also an option. Fares for the return on BA are $2300+!