Topic Author

New United Catering

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:51 am

It was announced, in no uncertain terms, that the new UNITED would switch from the Pre merger UA caterer to the caterer that Continental used. While I have always loved United I must say that United food from 1995 to today has been in steady decline - even in international FIRST.

I have conversely found Pre-merger Continental food to be very good, in fact I can recall 2 meals in BF that I would love to have again!

So news of the switch was music to my ears. However, who is/was the PMUA caterer and who was the PMCO caterer? Because "Chelsea" is owned by United, and if Chelsea is the old bad caterer then what? UA won't use the caterer that UCH owns?

Or does it come down to cost? If UA spent double the amount they do with Chelsea would the food become magically much better?
The world is missing love, let's use our flights to spread it!

RE: New United Catering

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:21 am

Chelsea was actually owned by CO.  
In thrust we trust!

RE: New United Catering

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Never had CO's food in F, but their Y meals were pretty horrid especially towards the end. Even in some of these trip reports, the Y food on CO looks bad.

I've flown UA in J and the food was nothing to write home about either -- except on PS