I'm finishing up the manuscript for the new edition of my book. It will contain a segment on the world's longest nonstop flights, and I'd like to include a list of the top ten.
I'm hoping you can help me update the following 1-10, which was accurate as of a year or so ago. It likely needs a few additions/subtractions.
Criteria: Nonstop in one or both directions; regularly scheduled passenger flight. Nautical miles, great circle distance. If you're using the Great Circle Mapper or some similar took, please remember to select nautical miles, not statute.
1. Newark-Singapore: 8,288 (Singapore Airlines)
2. Los Angeles-Singapore: 7,621 (Singapore Airlines)
3. Atlanta-Johannesburg: 7,334 (Delta)
4. JFK-Hong Kong: 7,014 (Cathay Pacific, Continental)
5. JFK-Johannesburg: 6925 (South African Airways)
6. Los Angeles-Melbourne: 6,883 (Qantas)
7. Toronto-Hong Kong: 6,787 (Air Canada)
8. JFK-Mumbai: 6,777 (Air-India)
9. Vancouver-Sydney: 6,741 (Air Canada)
10. Los Angeles-Sydney: 6,507 (United, Qantas, Delta, V Australia)
Thanks for any input,