ikramerica
Topic Author

Q: Last Minute OnePass Star Award Ticket Changes

Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:51 pm

This question is buried in the LX seats now on OnePass online post.

I've booked LAX-ZRH one way award on LH in J months ago to ensure availability for me wifey and meself, but would prefer the non-stop LX flight, but it seems that for Thursdays, LX is not releasing the inventory until 24 hours or less before the flight. Our return is a one-way LH award as well, but from Italy and we like the timing of those flights so it's really the ZRH part we want to improve upon.

CO claims that within 24 hours, Award "same day change" rules apply, but then those rules are not stated. Are they saying they are using the paid ticket same day change rule? If so, has anyone made a change to an award seat the same day of travel successfully on Star partners through CO? And if we find two F seats on LX, is it a hassle to book into F instead (I already made sure 35,000 miles are sitting in the CO account for this purpose). We are premier silver, so fees are reduced. Any info would be appreciated.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.