jlarsson
Topic Author

Short Connection In MUC

Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Hi all!

In a few weeks I will travel GOT-MUC-DUS-MIA.
Funky routing but it was approx €150 cheaper then going GOT-FRA-MIA.

I have however only a 35 minute transfer at MUC, is this enough time?

MUC website that 30 minutes is minimum connection time.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

br, jlarsson
Next trip; ARN-FRA-YYC-YVR-SEA-ORD-BOS-MUC-GOT.

HT

RE: Short Connection In MUC

Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:12 pm

I assume you are taking flights on LH ?
Will likely include some running, as it is very likely that either flight (or even both flights) will use a remote stand.
Surely no time to pay a visit to the men's room.

If arriving at a remote stand you should pay attention to any announcement on board and/or look for signs for "direct transfer" when deplaning.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

jlarsson
Topic Author

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:24 pm

Thanx a lot HT.

I'll hope I catch a direct transfer and yes it's on LH.

EY460

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:26 am

I've been using MUC several times (my favourite airport) and you shouldn't have any issues if the flights are on time. Furthermore, in Munich you are connecting between two European flights. Even if your arrival flight arrives at a remote parking you shouldn't have any issues (it not like the long bus rides at CDG). Too bad you haven't much time to tour a very nice airport. Do you know which airplanes are you flying on? ATR and the various CRJ almost always use the remote stands. 737 and A32X are almost always using the jetways.

HT

Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:41 am

Quoting EY460 (Reply 3):
737 and A32X are almost always using the jetways.

I beg to differ on that statement, although it varies during the course of a day.
To my experinece the contact gates at MUC T2 usually are occupied by longhaul equipment during the morning, with too little gates available to cater for all longhaul flights.
Worst experience I had was arriving on a LH A330 from BOS using a remote stand. I keep complaining that the subsequent security check to enter the terminal building (even for pax terminating theri trip in MUC) is a nuisance and is inadequately staffed with personnel and equipment. Numerous pax on normal and legat connections were missing their flights even though they arrived on time.

The OP inbound from GOT likely will be on LH 2433 0630-0825h shown to be operated by a E195 in March.
That a/c will use a remote stand albeit deplaning should be quick using front and rear doors.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

jlarsson
Topic Author

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi.

HT is right on the money.

Transfer on to a 320 bound to DUS at 0900. I'll have to see if that will be on a remote stand or not  

br, jlarsson

reifel

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:37 am

Since it's intraschengen you should be fine, if there are no delays of course. If you see you're delayed out of GOT, try to get rebooked via FRA right away as you will most likely miss your connection.

airevents

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Let me tell you, MUC is definitely the best of the big airports to have a short connection at. I managed 15 minute transfers here because of delayed incoming flights and it didn´t make anybody raise an eyebrow. Very relaxed atmosphere usually and even if connections are tight, you should usually not feel rushed. Should things get tight, somebody will meet you at the aircraft door for a direct transfer. Don´t worry, you will be fine!
www.airevents.com

jlarsson
Topic Author

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Thank You airevents.

Let's hope that my bag will make it too  

br, jlarsson