captainmeeerkat
Topic Author

Bumped To A New Flight

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:27 pm

hi!

I'd appreciate some help on this if people could oblige.

I had a booking with s7 airlines from moscow to kazan for 0750 this morning. After arriving in DME from DUB via FRA(tired and smelly), it seems my flight isn't departing now. They have rebooked me on the next flight at 1415.

Now, there was no mail or phone call. I tried to check in online earlier today and nothing was flagged to me.

Considering that it is Russia, do I have any comeback? I asked them for access to business lounge to shower and sleep and all I got was a quote equal to my airfare!!  

Any help appreciated.
my luggage is better travelled than me!

Cipango

RE: Bumped To A New Flight

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:31 pm

You should at the very least be entitled to a food voucher?

[Edited 2012-02-20 15:32:56]
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

lhr380

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:42 pm

Quoting captainmeeerkat (Thread starter):
Considering that it is Russia, do I have any comeback? I asked them for access to business lounge to shower and sleep and all I got was a quote equal to my airfare!!  

Why was it cancelled? Was it tech, crew issue?

Regarding access to the lounge etc, that would always be a no, especially at a hub. If every customer on a delayed flight got into lounges, they would be overrun and customers waiting for their own flights would have a bad experience in the lounge.
(The views on this site are my own and no one elses)

ozglobal

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:53 pm

In the EU there is a charter of travelers' rights. I guess Russia doesn't have an equivalent, which just leaves you at the mercy of the airline and the legal system.
When all's said and done, there'll be more said than done.