Rafabozzolla
Topic Author

What's Up With JJ Biz Fares To Europe?

Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:27 pm

I've just come across round trip ticket CNF-LHR on TAM in business class in July connecting both ways (at GRU and GIG, respectively) for USD 3100 including the ridiculously high Heathrow taxes.

I'm not so thrilled about flying with JJ (Fidelidade sucks, especially for award redemption, I'd rather fly BA or IB and put the miles on my AAdvantage account) but I might as well take advantage of this fare.

I wonder why it's so low. Ok, it's pretty early to book for July, but it's high season and it's London after all. Is TAM struggling to fill up the J cabin?

I checked the competition and the lowest is around USD 3700 pre-tax (many including two stops), going all the way to USD 5000.

jfk777

RE: What's Up With JJ Biz Fares To Europe?

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:24 pm

The Olympics are around that time so demand by Business travelers may be down, thus fares are down too.

LJ

RE: What's Up With JJ Biz Fares To Europe?

Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Quoting Rafabozzolla (Thread starter):

I wonder why it's so low. Ok, it's pretty early to book for July, but it's high season and it's London after all. Is TAM struggling to fill up the J cabin?

Fares ex Europe to Brazil are often as low as USD 3,100 (especially with an advance purchase and especially in July/August). Moreover, July is not a time of year to do business in Europe as many are on holiday. Better to make sure you have a few pax than running the risk of flying out empty.