garpd
Topic Author

EDI-HAJ With Air Berlin?

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:48 am

Hi folks,

I’ve been trying to find the cheapest most convenient flights I can to visit my Grandmother in June.
She lives 30 minutes drive from Hanover (HAJ) so ideally flying there would be the most convenient.
As I’m close to Edinbugh (EDI), flying from there is the most convenient also.

So after looking around I took a stab at Airberlin. Their route map clearly shows HAJ as a destination from EDI. I know this as if I chose any other departure airport, the destinations possible change on the map

However, regardless what dates I choose, the system always returns a “No connection between selected cities found” error, as in no route connection. I can book any other departure and arrival routes, so I know it’s not a server issue.

Long story short: Does anyone have any idea if the EDI-HAJ route is real and fif it is but not yet available, from what dates is it and with what frequency?
arpdesign.wordpress.com

TriStar500

RE: EDI-HAJ With Air Berlin?

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:50 am

It's just a connecting service operated by BA via LHR with an AB codeshare on it.
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

garpd
Topic Author

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:57 am

Ah, that would make sense.

Cheers!
arpdesign.wordpress.com

N14AZ

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:13 pm

Dear Garpd, I am also living 30 minutes drive from HAJ. The only direct flights from HAJ to UK are:

Birmingham (BHX)
Guernsey (GCI)
Jersey (JER)
London (LHR)
London (STN)
Manchester (MAN)
Southampton (SOU)

although GCI and SOU might be only seasonal.

garpd
Topic Author

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Cheers, that'll help narrow down the options.
arpdesign.wordpress.com

HT

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Flying out of EDI, FR into BRE could be an alternative, especially if your destinations is north, west or northwest of Hannover.

BE will make you change planes at SOU or BHX; timings via MAN aren't too good.

Quoting TriStar500 (Reply 1):
It's just a connecting service operated by BA via LHR with an AB codeshare on it.

As neither AB nor BA operate LON - HAJ, there would be another transfer required; STR or MUC come to mind.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !