MEACEDAR
Topic Author

UA 924 IAD-LHR 777

Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Ok, flying out on 4/30 on UA 924 with an upgraded Eco seat to Business--today I log on to review the ticket and I realize that they changed the 777 from the new lie-flat seats to the old configuration...I was super mad because I only upgraded and used miles so I could use the lie-flat seats--the old UA business product is disgraceful...anyways, what are my options? Can UA reroute me since the UA 924 flight is not the only flight I am going to be on...Or is there a possibility that they will switch back? Help! Thanks

MEACEDAR
Topic Author

RE: UA 924 IAD-LHR 777

Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:58 am

LMAO for anyone that cares....they switched it back.

roseflyer

RE: UA 924 IAD-LHR 777

Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:19 pm

United does not guarantee you will receive the new product and unless you are 1K or Global Services, they will not reroute you to get it. They will for Global Services, but that is because they typically waive all change fees for Global Services customers.

Switching from the new product to the old product is not considered a services downgrade. One problem I have have seen is that since the old configured airplanes have larger business class cabins, when they switch planes, often times there are a lot of upgraded passengers. Those passengers that got upgraded because of the switch then complain because they don't get the new configuration. If the flight had been operated by the new configuration, then they would have been in economy!

hope you get the new product. It is a good one!
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!