emirates202
Topic Author

How Long To Connect At LAX?

Sun May 06, 2012 7:52 pm

I was wondering if 39 minutes is enough time to connect from a United p.s. flight, to a UA flight to Bakersfield. Im not sure how far the regional jet gates are from the UA terminal( if in another terminal). If any of you could shed some light on this, it would help, because I am getting a great offer for UA p.s first using aeroplan miles, and need to
Book quick.

Thanks-
ek202
Fly Emirates, Hello Tomorrow

AlnessW

RE: How Long To Connect At LAX?

Mon May 07, 2012 12:02 am

UA uses Terminals 6, 7, and 8 at LAX, all of which are connected post-security.

Quoting emirates202 (Thread starter):
Im not sure how far the regional jet gates are from the UA terminal( if in another terminal).

UA Express flights operate out of Terminal 8. Your connecting flight will be departing from this terminal.

You mainline flight will likely arrive at Terminal 7. I am pretty sure it is an easy walk to Terminal 8, seeing as the terminals are right next to each other. If not, Terminal 6 is still close enough, but 39 minutes could be close.

Hope that helps. Could someone back me up on all this?

roseflyer

Mon May 07, 2012 2:53 am

LAX is one of the most on time airports in the country. That helps a lot. I would say no if it was SFO, but yes for LAX. Since you are connecting to bakersfield, I am presuming you are not leaving during the JFK rush hour. Also UA pads its schedules a lot so typically it is one of the better on time airlines.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

LAXintl

Mon May 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Well United's legal minimum connection time domestic to domestic at LAX is 30mins.

Assuming you arrive ontime, its doable. Just walk briskly.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

AlnessW

Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Quoting Roseflyer (Reply 2):
LAX is one of the most on time airports in the country. That helps a lot.

Quoting Roseflyer (Reply 2):
I would say no if it was SFO, but yes for LAX.

If you look at the numbers, LAX is toward the top of being on time while SFO is towards the bottom.

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 3):
Assuming you arrive ontime, its doable. Just walk briskly.