817Dreamliiner
Topic Author

Connecting On BA With 2 Itineraries?

Sat May 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Hey guys, im wondering if I could get some advice here. I already have a BA flight booked to ANU from LGW but was wondering if it was possible to add another sector to my itinerary i.e MAN-LGW and just connect at LGW or just book the flight separate. If I do book it separate would I be still able to check in for both flights at MAN airport and have my bag checked all the way to ANU with the 2 separate itineraries? Or is there a way I could add the flight to my current Itinerary?

At the moment booking the flight isnt really that urgent, but thought I should ask.

Thanks in advance
Please let me know... If you know this is the end of the world, Let me know... If you know the truth...

LAXintl

RE: Connecting On BA With 2 Itineraries?

Sat May 12, 2012 7:26 pm

I doubt you can change your original ticket from LGW to ANU as the added leg would cause a total refare and change in conditions.
Yes you can purchase a separate MAN-LGW ticket. Once done BA should be able to "link" the two.
Anyhow, even if not linked, if you show them your connecting LGW-ANU ticket, they can tag your bag all the way from MAN to ANU.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

B747forever

Sat May 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 1):
Anyhow, even if not linked, if you show them your connecting LGW-ANU ticket, they can tag your bag all the way from MAN to ANU.

But is he protected in case of a misconnection? It is all on the same airline, but under two different PNRs.
Work Hard, Fly Right

817Dreamliiner
Topic Author

Sat May 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 2):

Well the flight from MAN into LGW arrives at about 9 25am and the flight to ANU isnt scheduled to depart until 10 40am so basically an hour connecting time and would be all in the same terminal.
Please let me know... If you know this is the end of the world, Let me know... If you know the truth...

LAXintl

Sun May 13, 2012 1:23 am

Quoting B747forever (Reply 2):
But is he protected in case of a misconnection? It is all on the same airline, but under two different PNRs.

Technically no, as tickets were not purchase as a single itinerary. But by linking the tickets, at least the airline has some visibility of what the traveller is doing and in this case that the ANU flight happens to have some one coming from MAN.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

817Dreamliiner
Topic Author

Sun May 13, 2012 7:58 am

Thanks guys for your input    , Im gonna book the flight and hope and pray for no delays on the day   

Thanks again 

B747forever

Sun May 13, 2012 8:19 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 4):
Technically no, as tickets were not purchase as a single itinerary. But by linking the tickets, at least the airline has some visibility of what the traveller is doing and in this case that the ANU flight happens to have some one coming from MAN

After all it is BA we are talking about, so I am sure they are much more helpful in case of a delay/misconnection than carriers like FR.
Work Hard, Fly Right

sq_ek_freak

Wed May 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 6):
Quoting LAXintl (Reply 4):
Technically no, as tickets were not purchase as a single itinerary. But by linking the tickets, at least the airline has some visibility of what the traveller is doing and in this case that the ANU flight happens to have some one coming from MAN

After all it is BA we are talking about, so I am sure they are much more helpful in case of a delay/misconnection than carriers like FR.

I was going to say this - BA are a quality outfit and will most likely not turn a complete blind eye to a passenger that his mis-connected on two BA flights simply because he has two different bookings with the airline.
Keep Discovering

817Dreamliiner
Topic Author

Wed May 23, 2012 1:38 pm

Well the flight is booked, hoping for no delays on the day and everything goes smoothly.