trex8
Topic Author

Delta MD88 Seat Question

Sun May 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Does anyone know if the 32D, E seat on the starboard side across from the seats 32B,C which seem to be by an exit where the galleys used to be, have more legroom than usual rows? My daughter needs to carry a cello and it doesn't really fit except at bulkheads (she usually goes UA E+ and gets a bulkhead seat) but we are trying to use my parents Skymiles for this trip and all the bulkhead seats are gone but these two seats being the same row as an exit on the port side I thought may have more legroom. She obviously can't sit at an exit row with that cello.

akelley728

RE: Delta MD88 Seat Question

Mon May 14, 2012 12:43 am

That's a good question - one of the big deals with the reconfigured 'M8R' aircraft was that the row numbers lined up, so my guess is that there might be a little bit more room, then again if these had more legroom the seats would be listed as preferred.

I'm going to be on a MD-88 tomorrow evening from ORF to ATL. If no one answers your question before then I would be more than happy to take a look at those seats for you.

Also, are you sure the bulkhead seats are gone? Delta usually holds the bulkhead seats until day of departure. They probably show as unavailable if you're trying to book your seats online. I would call reservations and find out (perhaps a DL insider here can give you a scoop on those seats as well).

Cubsrule

Mon May 14, 2012 4:16 am

When they reconfigured the M88s, they did not change the starboard side any (at least aft of the exit rows), so there are no "extra room" seats on the starboard side.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

trex8
Topic Author

Mon May 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Thx, will check with reservations.