Josh32121
Topic Author

ATL Int'l Terminal - Domestic Flight

Tue May 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Can anyone positively confirm whether you can pass through the TSA security checkpoint in the new international terminal with a boarding pass for a same-day domestic flight? My partner's flying out today (carry-on only), and I was thinking of dropping him off at the new terminal instead to avoid the craziness of the domestic terminal even though he's flying domestically.

DLPMMM

RE: ATL Int'l Terminal - Domestic Flight

Tue May 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Yes, you can, at least for a DL flight. DL passengers can check in at either terminal for any flight.

I don't know about other airlines.

Josh32121
Topic Author

Tue May 22, 2012 1:24 pm

Quoting DLPMMM (Reply 1):
Yes, you can, at least for a DL flight. DL passengers can check in at either terminal for any flight.

I don't know about other airlines.

Great...yes, he's flying DL. Just to confirm, have you actually done this? I just don't want to go to the int'l terminal only to have him turned away at the TSA checkpoint because the boarding pass is for a domestic destination.

Josh32121
Topic Author

Wed May 23, 2012 12:55 pm

FWIW, he made it through the Int'l TSA checkpoint just fine for his flight to RSW. Super quick because of very short walk from curbside to TSA checkpoint compared to domestic terminal and less congested access via I-75. If it's not an international departure rush period (late afternoon into evening, i would imagine), I don't see why it wouldn't always be that quick and easy.