YVRLTN
Topic Author

Tips For A Trip To Malta

Thu May 24, 2012 3:52 am

I am going to Malta first week of September. Will have 4 nights & 3 full days there, my basic agenda is:

1 beach day
1 city day (Valletta / Silema)
1 tour around the country day

Think I have decided to stay in Valletta as it is central, good for transit and close the the airport.

In this regard, Pretty Bay seems a good choice for my beach day - and the a.netter in me   was just wondering (hoping...) if this beach is on the flightpath into MLA - seems pretty much south of the main runway.

If not, are there any beaches / bars / parks etc with good views of the airport traffic? A Green Man of Malta would be ideal  

Will have a couple of spare hours after arrival - any good places to spot at MLA near the terminal?

My main reason for visiting is to see the old British trucks & cars I remember from my childhood. I know they are on their way out (which is why I made it a priority to get it off my bucket list) and the famous busses have already gone, so I am hoping there are still plenty to see?

Really just looking to relax in the sun to de-stress and not do anything too strenuous, get in some photography of the local culture & sites while ambling between bars & cafes. Not looking to spend a ton of money, other than a guided tour of the country including a trip to Gozo if time permits, so no car rentals.

Appreciate any tips / experiences / recommendations / info from locals or those who have been.

Thanks  
Follow me on twitter for YVR movements @vernonYVR

Pe@rson

RE: Tips For A Trip To Malta

Thu May 24, 2012 6:10 am

Not been, but I normally buy a guidebook for trips (less so for short trips, but they're always useful pre-, during, and post-trip): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Malta-Lonely..._1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337839758&sr=8-1

[Edited 2012-05-23 23:13:39]
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

YVRLTN
Topic Author

Sat May 26, 2012 5:32 am

Yeah, I always get one from the library - Lonely Planet are pretty good.

Particularly interested in the aviation side of things - anyone?
Follow me on twitter for YVR movements @vernonYVR

dstc47

Mon May 28, 2012 7:44 am

There is also the Malta Aviation Museum at Ta' Quali.

I did not get there when in Malta and I understand the collection has also increased since.
The website also gives good information about access by bus, - if only other aviation museums (especially in the USA) would give such information.