SNATH
Topic Author

Any Thoughts On Niki (FRA -> JTR Via VIE)?

Thu May 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi all,

My wife and I are planning to go to Santorini (JTR) late June, flying out of FRA. The options via ATH are very grim (both in terms of cost, as well as timing). There seems to be an option to fly via VIE on NIKI. They don't fly to JTR daily, but the dates work out.

Any thoughts on NIKI? Anything to watch out for? I read their luggage and carry-on rules, are they a pain in enforcing them wrt to weight, etc.? Also, does anyone know whether we can check through our luggage if the first leg (FRA -> VIE) is in the evening and the second leg (VIE -> JTR) is the next morning? Or will we have to pick them up in Vienna and recheck them the next morning.

Thanks!

Tony
Nikon: we don't want more pixels, we want better pixels.

debonair

RE: Any Thoughts On Niki (FRA -> JTR Via VIE)?

Fri May 25, 2012 9:35 am

flyNIKI is an OneWorld affiliate member (via AirBerlin), offering great and outstanding service on European routes.

Quoting SNATH (Thread starter):
I read their luggage and carry-on rules, are they a pain in enforcing them wrt to weight, etc.?

Yeap, but it is now OneWorld standard, 1PC free of charge, 2nd PC 50€ extra

Also, does anyone know whether we can check through our luggage if the first leg (FRA -> VIE) is in the evening and the second leg (VIE -> JTR) is the next morning?

Normaly no problem at all, but you have to inform staff at FRA. Baggage ex VIE can be checked-in one day prior departure due to the "Late-Night Check-In Service" offered at VIE.

As VIE is a nice city, I would think about spending at least one full day in VIE- not only one nigt!

My wife and I are planning to go to Santorini (JTR) late June, flying out of FRA. The options via ATH are very grim (both in terms of cost, as well as timing).

What about MUNICH-ATHEN on AirChina A330?

SNATH
Topic Author

Sat May 26, 2012 6:22 am

Hi and many thanks for the info!

Quoting debonair (Reply 1):
flyNIKI is an OneWorld affiliate member (via AirBerlin)

Do they actually give OW air miles (AA or Finnair)?

As VIE is a nice city, I would think about spending at least one full day in VIE- not only one nigt!

I agree. We've been to Vienna and we loved it! But unfortunately we don't have much extra time to spend in Vienna this time...

What about MUNICH-ATHEN on AirChina A330?

We'd still need to get to Santorini... and given the chaos in Greece right now, sadly I'd rather avoid Athens altogether.

Tony
Nikon: we don't want more pixels, we want better pixels.

debonair

Sat May 26, 2012 6:14 pm

Quoting SNATH (Reply 2):
Do they actually give OW air miles (AA or Finnair)?

and much more, like Lounge access, higher baggage allowance etc.; depending on your status with the respective OW carrier!