IAHWorldflyer

Check In Time For Vueling At LIS

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:09 pm

I'm booked on a Vueling flight from LIS to BCN this summer. I have never been in LIS or flown Vueling. The Vueling website indicates they want me to check in 2 hours prior to departure. That seems a little excessive for a Schengen flight. Can anyone tell me if arriving a bit more than an hour ahead of time is good enough, or is there something about security at LIS that means I should show up at dawn for this relatively short flight? If it makes a difference, the plane leaves at 09:15 am.

planejamie

RE: Check In Time For Vueling At LIS

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:05 am

In general, most people go off the 2 hours for European flights, 1 hour for domestics (at least in the UK). If you get there 2 hours early and there's no queue then you have 2 hours airside to spot/have breakfast   If you aim to get there an hour early and you arrive too late for check-in because you're stuck in traffic or you're stuck in an hour long queue at security, it's always best to allow a bit of extra time, especially if you don't know the airport. I've not flown out of LIS ever so I don't know about it, but I do know that when I only allowed just over an hour to drop a bag off (already checked in online) for an AF flight out of MAN Terminal 2 (over 2 years ago now) I was lucky there was no queue at security or I'd have missed the flight given they were on final call when I got to the gate. Though at the time AF advised only an hour for bag drop (what I didn't expect was a long long queue full of AF and KL passengers for I think 3 different flights)

reifel

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:39 am

I guess some 1,5 hours should be enough too. BCN is a great airport to spend some time airside anyway, LIS is "normal" and not so pleasant as BCN.
With Vueling as far as I remember you can print your boarding pass right after making your booking, even months ahead.

IAHWorldflyer

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks to you both for the replies. PlaneJamie, thank you for reminding me of some of the awful queues to drop checked luggage at some stations in Europe. I'll try to show up around 7:30. I guess I'm spoiled flying domestically in the US