lax888

What To Do For 5h At MXP?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi there

I will be having a rather long layover at MXP in July from 8.15AM until 1.25PM.

I am arriving on LX and leaving on CX. I can transfer my bags through with CX, however I prefer to recheck in again at MXP as I had a bad experience before transferring bags from LX to CX at MXP.

I have access to the BA lounge as CX uses this, however I do not plan on spending a lot of time there as the lounge is rather boring and offers no good views.

Is it worth it to go to Milano? I have been before so would probably just go and shop a bit or something. Is the Malpensa Express reliable?

Thanks for any input!

DFWHeavy

RE: What To Do For 5h At MXP?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:09 pm

Medicate yourself for several hours.

Milan is boring and the airport absolutely blows. Go the the lounge, surf the web, medicate yourself and have some alcoholic beverages. Those are about your only options.
Christopher W Slovacek

IAHFLYR

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Not sure I'd head into Milano when you have only 5 hours as you probably won't have a lot of time to visit.

You could take the hotel shuttle over to the Crown Plaza Hotel for a few drinks and early lunch if you really can't deal with being in the airport for that length of time. I've spent the night at the hotel and the lobby bar is a nice spot to pass some time and the sights should be pretty good as well.  
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

lax888

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks. In this case I shall upload some books on my Kindle and try to occupy myself at the airport.

AOMlover

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:19 pm

You can walk to the Sheraton which is connected to the terminal and ask for a day room. They have special rates at 35€ if you stay less than 5 hours.