QXatFAT
Topic Author

What Do You Use For Cheap Flights?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:56 am

Hey Everyone,

Now that I have moved out of FAT to PDX, I see a better opportunity to maybe do some leisure weekend travel. Before I had to fly out of FAT to other major airports and it got pricey for weekend trips.

I was wondering, what websites do you use to get cheap flights for getaways? Currently I fly to GEG, SLC, BOI, and FAT for work so looking at places maybe outside of WA, ID, UT, and CA. Doesn't need to be anywhere fancy because I have been to most major cities already. I am also open to weekend international flights if the price is right.

Let me know how you guys work your magic so hopefully I can start working on mine!

Thanks in advance!

QXatFAT
Don't Tread On Me!

aloges

RE: What Do You Use For Cheap Flights?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:38 am

www.amadeus.net

It has helped me many, many times. Just last Saturday, I got a last-second flight for less than half the price that it would have cost on the website of the airline - that is my record so far.  
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Coal

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:42 pm

http://matrix1.itasoftware.com

filler

filler

filler

Cheers
Coal
Nxt Flts: MI RGN-SIN | SQ SIN-RGN-SIN | CX SIN-HKG-PVG | SQ PVG-SIN

dc9northwest

Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:21 am

Quoting aloges (Reply 1):

www.amadeus.net

It has helped me many, many times. Just last Saturday, I got a last-second flight for less than half the price that it would have cost on the website of the airline - that is my record so far.  

Yep, this is what I use to look up fares as well...

Filler

I wholeheartedly recommend it.

alggag

Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:42 am

Quoting aloges (Reply 1):
www.amadeus.net

Is it just me or is amadeus.net a Eurocentric version of kayak.com? Their websites appear to be very similar.

LOWS

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:38 am

Quoting alggag (Reply 4):
Is it just me or is amadeus.net a Eurocentric version of kayak.com? Their websites appear to be very similar.

Lots of those sites use the same backend software, e.g. from ITA.

But looking at some results on Amadeus, yes, it looks very similar...

Ps76

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi!

I use Skyscanner.net. One thing I like about it is you can type in Any as a destination and it will list all destinations by cheapest country first. A lot of the time I don't care where I go as long as I fly somewhere for a day and it's cheap! On the downside though the prices listed can often be out of date and when you progress further it turns out they're more expensive.

Hope it might help.

Many thanks,

Pierre