Cubsrule
Topic Author

IAH Terminal A Connections

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:08 pm

I have a connection at IAH next week that looks like it's going to be from the South Concourse of Terminal A to everyone's favorite gate at IAH (B84). I've not connected from A before. It appears that this connection will involve reclearing security. Is that true? And if so, is it better to reclear security in A and take the airside train or to take the landside train and clear security in B? I understand the landside train is pretty awful, though I've not used it.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

IAHFLYR

RE: IAH Terminal A Connections

Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:09 pm

You won't have to exit security, take the Terminal Link (above ground thing) from the north side of Terminal A and get off at Terminal B.

http://www.fly2houston.com/iah-terminalMaps

Maybe you'll be lucky and avoid that lovely B84 A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,J.....and on and on!!!  

Have fun and enjoy a fine connection.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

Cubsrule
Topic Author

Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:58 pm

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 1):
You won't have to exit security, take the Terminal Link (above ground thing) from the north side of Terminal A and get off at Terminal B.

Is there a sterile connection from A south to A north? That's what I was unsure of.

IAHFLYR

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:03 pm

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 2):
Is there a sterile connection from A south to A north?

Yep, it is on the west side of the Terminal.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

Cubsrule
Topic Author

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:14 pm

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 3):
Yep, it is on the west side of the Terminal.

Excellent, thanks. I like IAH (and HOU) but the website - and in particular the terminal maps - leave some to be desired.

By the way, I'm probably very much in the minority on this, but I sort of like B84. I have a soft spot in my heart for CVG Concourse C, and it's about the closest thing left. It's no worse than the third worst regional setup in the system (IAD A and ORD Terminal 2 are both far worse).

IAHWorldflyer

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:38 pm

Cubsrule, don't trust UA's telling you this far in advance that you will fly out of B84. These things change pretty much up until a few hours before the flight. I flew out this past Saturday morning, and online saw a B84 departure. So, I parked at the B garage, cleared security, and lo and behold, they had moved my UAExpress flight over to Terminal C! Just look at the boards when your flight lands and figure out where you need to go. I will say that the Airlink is very easy to use and the trains run every 60 seconds.

Cubsrule
Topic Author

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Quoting IAHworldflyer (Reply 5):
Cubsrule, don't trust UA's telling you this far in advance that you will fly out of B84.

It's more the odds - on any given XE flight, B84 is the most likely gate. And, as you say, things change. I had an awful trip to the northwest banjo of B last night, but we wound up departing from A7, which is maybe the best regional gate in the whole airport.