Ps76
Topic Author

Your Favourite Low-cost Airport!

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:10 am

Hi!

Apologies if this has been asked before but just wanted to ask what people's favourite low-cost airport is if they have one and why. Mine would have to be Frankfurt Hahn which Ryanair fly to. It is small and never very crowded and has a nice viewing gallery and good restaurant upstairs whey they serve good German hot dog with mustard! There are also a few nice shops downstairs and a modern hotel outside.

Any opinions welcome.

Many thanks,

Pierre

debonair

RE: Your Favourite Low-cost Airport!

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:50 am

For sure and with no doubt, the number one LoCo airport for me: Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport! Also nice, but far behind Istanbul's SAW airport: Singapore Airport's "BUDGET TERMINAL".

airtrainer

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:22 pm

CRL is very convenient, small and easy to navigate. For my last flight it took me no more than 10 minutes from the parking lot to the gate  
Life is short : eat dessert first !

Ps76
Topic Author

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:41 am

Hi!

Quoting debonair (Reply 1):
For sure and with no doubt, the number one LoCo airport for me: Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport!

I just looked it up on google. Is this for real? This terminal looks incredible!

Quoting airtrainer (Reply 2):
CRL is very convenient, small and easy to navigate. For my last flight it took me no more than 10 minutes from the parking lot to the gate

I always wished that Ryanair would fly there from London Stansted but I guess it is too short of a flight for them or something. Looks quite nice though:

http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/20100820-bru-kaunas/n20100820_103835.jpg

Many thanks,

Pierre

Pe@rson

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:11 am

Quoting Ps76 (Reply 3):
I always wished that Ryanair would fly there from London Stansted

They did a few years ago.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Eurohub

Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:01 pm

It would be FKB for me for most of the reasons that Ps76 picked HHN: it's small but well designed, has good facilities including a beer garden next-door and a modern B&B hotel opposite the terminal. Also, the adjacent town of Hugelsheim boasts at least one decent restaurant. My company has branch offices in Strasbourg and Stuttgart, so it's handily positioned for me to travel on business as well!
Forget A vs B - Give me E or BAe any day of the week!