NorthstarBoy
Topic Author

JFK Terminal Transfer Question

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:54 am

Is 2 and 1/2 hours enough time to transfer from the Delta complex, T2/3/4 to Terminal 7?

When I start my next Round the World Adventure in October, i want to fly from JFK to Stockholm via Iceland, since I've always flown over it but never actually been to Iceland. I'll be coming in from Den via Atlanta to JFK on Delta if that makes a difference.

Also, does anyone know which gate(s) Icelandair normally uses at T7?

Looking at an overview of T7 on google maps, it looks like there are only limited tarmac views for some gates, I'd like to know beforehand if I'll have a view of the plane and more importantly, the all important registration number before I board.

Any information anyone can provide is appreciated.
Yes, I'd like to see airbus go under so Boeing can have their customers!

1337Delta764

RE: JFK Terminal Transfer Question

Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Quoting NorthstarBoy (Thread starter):
Is 2 and 1/2 hours enough time to transfer from the Delta complex, T2/3/4 to Terminal 7?

When I start my next Round the World Adventure in October, i want to fly from JFK to Stockholm via Iceland, since I've always flown over it but never actually been to Iceland. I'll be coming in from Den via Atlanta to JFK on Delta if that makes a difference.

Also, does anyone know which gate(s) Icelandair normally uses at T7?

Looking at an overview of T7 on google maps, it looks like there are only limited tarmac views for some gates, I'd like to know beforehand if I'll have a view of the plane and more importantly, the all important registration number before I board.

Any information anyone can provide is appreciated.

Does DL even have an interline baggage transfer agreement with Icelandair? If not, then you will have claim and recheck luggae with Icelandair. 2.5 hours is a bit of a stretch if you have to recheck luggage.

[Edited 2012-07-01 06:24:37]
The Pink Delta 767-400ER - The most beautiful aircraft in the sky

NorthstarBoy
Topic Author

RE: JFK Terminal Transfer Question

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Reply 1):
Does DL even have an interline baggage transfer agreement with Icelandair? If not, then you will have claim and recheck luggae with Icelandair. 2.5 hours is a bit of a stretch if you have to recheck luggage.

I would think so, but that is something I'll need to look into, thanks for bringing that to my attention, I didnt even think of that.
Yes, I'd like to see airbus go under so Boeing can have their customers!