united319
Topic Author

25K To Burn On DL

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:40 am

Hey All,

So I have 25,000 Skymiles to burn in my bank. I looked at their domestic award chart and saw that "Low Price In Miles" seats were as low as 20K RT. I am having a hard time finding them. I am thinking about just doing an overnight trip on a domestic leg in First. Anyone know of any routes that can be easy to find in the low price? Hoping to do one 3+ hours. Dates don't matter.
It's Time To Fly

PI4EVER

RE: 25K To Burn On DL

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:42 am

In my experience, the seats at those mileage levels do not exist. There is the possibility of some obscure Saturday evening or early Sunday morning flight for a one-way award, but the simple fact is that DL does not allocate or "give away" many, if at all, award seats at those mileage levels. A rare find, and harder even these days with the capacity reductions DL has implemented in most markets the past year.
If you should by chance have a AMEX SkyMiles credit card, you can use the "Buy with Miles" option to reduce the cost of a ticket. Otherwise, consider holding on to the miles as they don't expire and find ways to increase accrual, or transfer the miles (a fee applies to do so) to another SkyMiles account to boost their balance with your 25K.
Good Luck with your search, but it can be a very frustrating experience as you've obviously discovered.
Thomas
watch what you want. you may get it.