ipodguy7
Topic Author

Question About Changing Terminals At LAX

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:28 am

Hello all,
I have a question. I will be flying VX DFW-LAX and then QF LAX-MEL in August. How does one get from Terminal 3 (Virgin America Terminal) to TBIT? Furthermore, we booked the ticket through Qantas.com, so would the Virgin counter in Dallas check my bags through all the way to MEL so I don't have to deal with them in LAX? And, would VX be able to print my QF boarding passes from LAX-MEL so that I don't have to go stand in line for QF in LAX?
Thanks again y'all
AA/DL/NW/CO/UA/US/B6/AC/FI/NY/EI/BD/BA/AF/AZ/DY/SK/QF/JQ

roseflyer

RE: Question About Changing Terminals At LAX

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:34 am

Vx should be able to check your bags. Confirm with the agent at check in at DFW. It is not always an automatic process when switching airlines.

VX cannot print your QF boarding pass so check in at QF. You must exit security and walk to TbIT. It is not that far.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

phxa340

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:47 am

Quoting ipodguy7 (Thread starter):
I don't have to go stand in line for QF in LAX?

The lines at TBIT aren't that bad. If you don't want to walk from T3 to TBIT there is an airport bus that circles every few minutes you can jump on. Every time I have flown QF the lines only had 5-10 people. They are usually very efficient as they have 3-4 flights that leave within minutes of each other.

aklrno

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:56 am

T-3 to TBIT is 30-90 seconds walk. Leaving T-3 take a stairway or escalator up to departure level. Walk out the door. TBIT is the building on your right. The bus would probably be 10 or 20 times longer wait. If you have to walk eastward to the bus stop it may be longer than the walk to TBIT.

[Edited 2012-07-22 22:57:54]