Gonzalo
Topic Author

AR Flight 2440 : Nightmare Of Bad Service

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:28 am

This flight between AEP - CTC, with a distance of 533 nm, should last 1 hour and 40 minutes in normal circumstances.

In AR, the flight 2440 doing that route a couple of weeks ago, was really an "adventure"...
First, the flight was cancelled and reprogrammed for the next day.
With a delay of 20 hours, took off and suffered a technical diversion into COR, where the passengers waited for 4 hours without any information from the airline.
After that unexplained waiting, the airline chartered a bus to complete the remaining distance to CTC, but the shape of the bus was deplorable. It was old, and had a cracked windshield, among other "details". The bus had problems with the authorities just to leave the airport, and had to make a "technical stop" for fuel ( with the passengers of the "flight" on board ) before leaving the city of Cordoba. The passengers arrived in Catamarca after 15 hours of travel.

The fare for this "fabulous" service : U$D 500.

I wonder when this airline will start to avoid this kind of attitudes with its customers...they have competition now and, although 4M is not a flawless airline, AR is doing the things easier for them....

Rgds.

G.
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / Fairchild-227 / Ab318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789

63bobster

RE: AR Flight 2440 : Nightmare Of Bad Service

Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:22 pm

I'm not familiar with AR at all but I can imagine that any airline will resort to above mentioned options only if that's all there is at that particular time, sucha as a long busride that will get you there sooner than that shiny airliner next door that needs some maintenance and comes available only when the bus already should have arrived. But indeed, it does make me curious.