LOWS
Topic Author

IAH Connection B To D

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:42 am

I am going to connect from UA OKC-IAH (UA 5278 in B) to D and Lufthansa.

It should be around 1hr 30m from arrival to departure.

Since there are no smoking boxes or lounges in IAH, can I leave B for a cigarette, re-clear security in B then transfer to D? Or would I need to take the underground train, and clear security in D?

Or, should I go to D, look at the security line and see how it looks?

Cubsrule

RE: IAH Connection B To D

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:58 pm

I think I'd probably take the airside train to D and go outside for a smoke there if you have time. B security can be absolutely brutal, and the landside train is bad news.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

IAHFLYR

Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:14 pm

Or you could check out the security lines at B prior to getting on the air-side train, if not too bad dash down one level to baggage claim and head to the parking garage. About 50 yards ahead you'll see an entrance to the terminal building on both sides of the walkway where I believe you can grab your puff. Head back up to the ticket lobby level and clear security to hop on the air-side train to D.

Have fun and safe travels.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

LOWS
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:38 am

I think the big question is whether or not I can clear security at any terminal. Every time I flew with 9L, Terminal A always seems to have good lines. E, where I reentered last time, had atrocious lines.