PC12Fan
Topic Author

Cathay First Class Seat Question

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:14 pm

Checking to see if there is anyone in the know out there that could answer this question. Does anyone know what the actual seat pitch length is for Cathay's first class seats? I know the rough dimension of the length of the bed and so on, but I wanted to know the actual pitch. Back seat to next back seat of course. Any info would be apprecitated.

PC12Fan
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!

Longhornmaniac

RE: Cathay First Class Seat Question

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:56 pm

Honestly, it's probably about the same. The footrest is carved out from the seat in front (there is a surface in between the actual seat and the window, and the footrest ends at that, not the seat back). The back of the seat is actually adjacent to the end of the foot rest. That is, if you were sitting in your seat, and turned your head toward the window, you would be looking at the foot rest of the seat behind you.

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

PC12Fan
Topic Author

Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Yea, I figured it would be somewhat close to that, but I was hoping someone would have the dimension. Basically the red line I put in this photo. It's just for the fantasy airline geek in me to try to figure out how many I could possible stick on the upper deck of the 747-400. Thanks for the input though.

Longhornmaniac

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:47 pm

Well, perhaps all is not lost. You could get really damn close by drawing a line on that same image from seat back to end of footrest. That is the length of the bed that we already know. Use some sort of software to compare the length of the lines. I used this tool for some research I was doing in Australia. That should work.

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

PC12Fan
Topic Author

Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Quoting Longhornmaniac (Reply 3):

OMG, I feel kinda dumb, but thanks for that tip! I just made a crude attempt with that idea in MS paint and I got a rough estimate what it could be, so I'll go with that.